Sunday, September 26, 2010

He must have really hated them


I have thought this for a long time. In fact, I might have even said it to some of you who are my followers before I started this blog. But I figured hey, I have a blog, I might as well voice it to the world. With that said..........Vince McMahon must have hated WCW. Let's study the facts. WCW pretty much started the Monday night wars, by starting Monday Nitro and going head to head with the WWE and RAW. In the beginning, Nitro was there as competition, but later on, when they were winning the Monday Night Wars, WCW was trying to put WWE out of business. Eric Bischoff makes that abundantly clear in most the interviews he has done since the demise of WCW. These are good reasons for Vince not to like that company (or Bischoff for that matter), but the reason I am making this point in this blog is, 2006 Vince resurrected ECW. Now, I was not a huge fan of ECW (neither on their own, nor in WWE). I didn't think they had a good product, and I don't think most of their wrestlers were very good. Hell, I still think they’re not that good now. I have never, ever liked RVD. I have always thought he was one of the most overrated wrestlers in the business (which I may do a blog on soon). The "innovator of violence," Tommy Dreamer, is not good either. And don't get me started on The Raven, The sandman, and Sabu. HORRIBLE! The only good guy they had was Taz, and he broke his neck before the world could see just how good he was. But with all of that being said, Vince still chose to bring a version of ECW to WWE, even though everything was pointing to adding WCW. He even tried to incorporate WCW early in the 2000’s with the members “invading” the company. But of course that concept ran on too long. Too many wrestlers, and not differentiating WWE and WCW stars. Then he tried the brand extension, and you thought you would have 2 different companies. But again they waited too long, and let the concept get stale. Then you bring back the World Heavyweight Championship belt. You make it the main Championship for RAW. This is the same belt that Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, Sting, and Goldberg all wore and made famous in WCW. This was the time to recreate WCW in his own image. But instead, he kept the brand extension, even though both brands are WWE. Why not call them WCW, and WWE. Keep the "companies"(not brands) split. Have separate pay per views. Bring some of the WCW favorites like The Great American Bash (hey, they tried), Starrcade, and Halloween Havoc (which was just to have something in October), and have them compete against each other (or at least make it look like they are) to keep us, the fans, interested. He even brought back the US title (a title that was used in WCW) to be a 2nd tier championship in WWE. But Vince didn't do any of this. And the reason why… because Vince Hates WCW! But Vince didn't do any of this.

AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment