Sunday, September 12, 2010

Maybe you are kid, maybe you are!

I have been meaning to write this blog for the last 2 weeks, but I had other pressing matters (you can read my earlier blogs, to figure out what I am talking about). Finally I have a chance to give someone credit for working hard. Basically working his way up through the ranks of WWE and becoming, believe it or not, a top superstar in that company, if not in the entire business. And I am sure some of you are going to be upset when I say this, but Miz, you are AWESOME! At first I, like all of you, looked at the Miz as some dummy who went from being on the real world for 30 years, to trying to be a WWE superstar. I remember watching him on a lot of those MTV shows, and him doing wrestling impressions. When he made it to WWE "Tough Enough", the WWE's reality show about giving aspiring wrestlers a chance at being in WWE (basically the old NXT), I thought, "oh this kid is serious about this". But I also looked at him compared to the other guys on that show and thought, "this kid is too small to make it in the big leagues". But he paid his dues. He went to Ohio Valley Wrestling, which is the WWE's minor league wrestling company, where they send wrestlers to get them ready for the "Big Leagues". After he spent some time there, working on his craft, he was "called up", to Smackdown! On Smackdown! he was not used as a wrestler much. He had these horrible segments as the "host" of smackdown, or some crap. It was awful. Then he was moved to the now defunct ECW. There he had a chance to work on his microphone skills, which are fantastic, and his in-ring wrestling ability. He was paired with John Morrison, and they were very successful, winning both the WWE, and World Tag Team Champions (at different times).  After that he was moved to Raw, and turned on Morrison. Since then, he has feuded with John Cena, wrestled Against Kofi Kingston, and had another run as Tag Team Champion, with the Big Show. All the while have some amazing matches for someone who did not have a lot of the wrestling back ground that some others have had. Miz is a two time United States Champion, and after the "Money in the Bank" pay per view, he is next in line to become the WWE Champion. Again, at first I would have thrown up little bit in my mouth thinking this. So you know back then, there is no way I would have said it. But time changes a lot of things. HE IS THE MIZ....................................AND HE IS AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for clarifying his history. So much about him I didn't know. Of course I thought he did just spring up out of nowhere and tried to take over with his cocky attitude. But knowing that he has paid his dues, I have gained a greater respect for him. I kind of feel that way about raw Turk (Sheamus). You are right, time and knowledge can definently change your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you, though I do not feel that way about Sheamus. I don't mind killing him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I had to come back to this one. As I told you, I can respect the Miz and his journey. What I can't repect is his arragont pompus rude disregard for EVERYONE. He's an idiot and in my book far from awesome. You'd think someone who had such a rough time making it to the top would help pull others up instead of knocking them out with a cheap shot.. yep I said it HE'S ALSO A PUNK. He is so not worthy of a BOTTOM LINE entry all about him, come on RAM use your talents for someone worthy of mentioning. I will say I appreciate the history lesson because majority of the things you wrote about I didn't know!!!!

    ReplyDelete