Sunday, June 24, 2012

The things I noticed this week in wrestling.







Hello all

Tonight’s blog is not going to a specific topic, but it will be more so random thoughts about some things that have gone on in the wrestling world. Most will be what I have seen this past week, but there will be some that are from a long time ago that I am just now seeing.

Okay, let me start off with my predictions from last week’s Pay per View. I was correct in the World Heavyweight, and WWE Title matches, but I was not exactly correct about all of the details. Do you know who was……my wife. She said as she was reading the blog last week that she thought in the WWE title match, that AJ, would leave the match with Kane, and that is exactly what happened. When asked how she knew that, her response was “you know wrestling, I know drama”. I guess she was right. I was wrong about Cody Rhodes. I thought he would win the IC belt back and start to make his win into the discussion for the World title, but it looks like they are going to keep him fighting for the IC title just a little bit longer.

I was wrong about John Laurinaitis. I thought they would keep the angle of the bad boss going, but they decided to stop it. I thought they could get a lot more run out of it, with CM Punk, and John Cena, but they did not. Along with that, I was correct about the Big Show. I knew they would have him target the WWE title. But I was thinking they would put him in a program involving the title right away, but I guess they want to make him earn it? Oh well, I am sure I will be right in a few months (barring injury of course).

So I was trying to watch TNA this week, and you all know how much it pains me to say this, but I was very confused. Their main thing of the night was the fact that Dixie Carter, and AJ Styles had something going on, and they wanted to make it seem like they were having an affair. Christopher Daniels (another TNA wrestler) had pictures of the 2 of them together, and had been going around convincing everyone (including Dixie’s husband) they were together. But as it turns out, they were helping some random person with a substance abuse problem (or something). I am not really sure exactly what was happening at the end of the show, but somehow, they were vindicated for their actions, and they were not cheating. Well, I don’t understand what is going on with this. Who was this random person? And if they were not having an affair, why would they keep that from everyone? If you have nothing to hide, why do you hide? Just another thing in the long line of things about TNA that I just don’t get. And as much as I try, I just don’t know how much more of TNA I can take.

Lastly I want to tell you all why I love this business. I was watching an old episode of Ring of Honor. It is not on TV here in Atlanta, and I had to download it to my phone. As I was watching this show, they were introducing a new tag team to ROH. They were the tag team of Shelton Benjamin, and Charlie Haas, formerly in WWE known as Team Angle, or the World’s Greatest Tag Team. So as they came out to the ring, the crowd stood up and cheered for them. They were very excited to see this team come to ROH. They had the utmost respect for these guys. Respect. I absolutely love it when the fans have enough sense and enough class to show respect to guys who have earned it. Not everyone in wrestling is a douche, and needs to be put in their place. Sometimes there are some good guys in the business. When they come around; we need to show our respect for them. For once, I actually appreciate the fans for being knowledgeable about the business. Keep up the good work.

Maybe next week I will come up with an entire blog to write about. If not, I will tell you guys more about what I have seen in the past week in wrestling. Also if I have any Chris Jericho fans out there, I might do a review of his latest book (I say latest because he has written two, but I have only read the last one). It is awesome, and any fans out there should be really excited about it.

AND THATS THE BOTTOM LLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment