Monday, February 25, 2013

New WWE Championship

Hello all
/>This is just to show you guys what a belt nerd I am. That is me at Mania 27 with a replica WWE title.

So in this past week I have been on my websites, and of course they have been blowing up. Everyone has an opinion of the new belt. 90% of the feedback is positive. The fans were so against the spinner belt that they were ready for something different. And the belt is very different, it does not have an eagle of any kind on it, and that is the 1st belt without one since 1988. It looks like it has customizable side plates, to coincide with the current champion. Speaking of the side plates, it only has 2 not 4 which has been the usual. It is totally different. If you go to the WWE website, they tell the story of how they came up with the design, and how long it took and how much it cost.

When the belt 1st appeared I was in the minority. I thought it was a little hypocritical for the Rock to say he didn’t want to carry a toy, and he something “Bad Ass”, when I thought it look just like a toy. To me it did not looked like the most prestige title in all of pro wrestling; a title that this year will celebrate 50 years. A title that after a few years of hot potato (since the outcome is known, too many title switches make the title less important), has had it brought back to prominence after Punk’s 13 month long reign as champion.

But I had to remind myself that at first I thought the spinner was a total disgrace to that title. I mean it spun! But it is not the belt that makes the title; it is the champion that makes the title. As said on the belt websites, Ric Flair could carry a turd to the ring, and make it look like the greatest prize in all of wrestling, that is just the type of wrestler/champion he was. Again at 1st the spinner did not look like a great title, but when men like Triple H, Edge, Randy Orton, John Cena, and CM Punk were going after it, and fighting for it, it made the belt seem like it was important.

So I will let you all decide how you feel about the belt. It has grown on me in only a week. Again I will let the champions define this belt, and I will hold my judgment for later.

AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment